LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy. My favorites are the Grilled Shrimp with Mac and cheese. Shrimp Creole was very g.ood today, too. New Orleans Native Charlie Andrews Gives a demonstration on how to make one of New Orleans favorites, Shrimp Po-boy!
The flavors of a New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp, made with brined and marinated, peeled and deveined grilled shrimp, making it much less messy And, just look at these beauties! You won't likely find this in the freezer section of your grocery store. New Orleans style BBQ shrimp is superb, but. You be responsible baking imbue LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy working 15 technique including 6 also. Here you are do.
process of LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy
- You need 2 pounds of shrimp peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- It's 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It's 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- It's 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of paprika.
- You need of flour for coating before frying.
- Prepare 48 ounces of frying oil of your choice.
- Prepare of frying skillet or whatever you fry in.
- It's 2 loaves of French bread.
- It's half of a head of iceberg lettuce shredded.
- It's 3 of tomatoes sliced.
- It's 2 of large or 3 small lemons at room temp quartered.
- It's of small jar of hamburger sliced pickles as desired.
- You need of mayo/ketchup/hot sauce as desired.
All Poboys dressed w/ mayo, lettuce, tomato & pickle. Shrimp (Fried or Grilled or BBQ). All reviews late night poboy po boy sandwich pot roast shrimp fries boudin balls bread bisque surf and turf red beans and rice seafood bourbon street hole in the wall. We have family members who attended college in New Orleans.
LadyIncognito's New Orleans Styled Dressed Shrimp Poboy program
- Make sure your shrimp are cleaned and ready. In a mixing bowl mix together the shrimp and the next five ingredients on the list until the shrimp are well coated. Place them in the fridge for about 30 minutes..
- While your shrimp are chilling in the fridge use the time to prep your toppings and fry station. You can add additional seasoning to your flour if you like or you can sub for cornmeal. Slice your lettuce and tomatoes and place in fridge until sandwich assembly if you haven't done so already..
- Heat skillet for a few minutes over med high heat before adding oil. Don't over fill so that it doesn't spill when shrimp are added. You can also use this time to toast your bread in the oven with a little butter..
- When skillet is at optimal frying temp you can start battering the shrimp in the flour or cornmeal mixture and start placing them in the hot oil after shaking off the excess. Shrimp cook really quick so each batch shouldn't go any longer than ten minutes depending on your preferences to doneness..
- After all shrimp are done you can begin assembly. Spread some mayo on bread and layer your toppings lettuce then tomato and pickle slices. On the other side pile on some shrimp and sprinkle with a little hot sauce if you went added heat..
This shrimp captures their favorite flavors from the Big Easy, with the right touch of spices and heat. If you have never had Shrimp and Grits in New Orleans you are missing out. You can recreate this dish at home now. Every time I go to New Orleans, I seek it out. Next to beignets and po boys, I can't think of a food that defines New Orleans for me as much as shrimp and grits do.