You engage in broiling stew Mushroom Bhaji proving 11 ingredients along with 5 together with. Here you go do.
modus operandi of Mushroom Bhaji
- You need 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely chopped(I used a red onion).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed.
- It's 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It's 1 Tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 8 oz of button mushrooms (1/2 or quartered if large).
- It's 4-5 Tbsp of water.
Mushroom Bhaji procedure
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok over a medium heat, fry the onion until transparent, reduce the heat and add the garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin and coriander. Stir and fry the spices, add 1 tbsp water to prevent sticking, if sauce starts to dry out add more water 1 tbsp at a time. Fry for about 5 minutes..
- Add salt and tomato puree, stir well then add mushrooms, stir thoroughly, until well mixed..
- Add 2 tbsp water, cover with lid and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- There should be a small amount of thick sauce, if too much or too runny remove mushrooms with slotted spoon, then return sauce to heat and reduce until thick enough to coat back of spoon, return mushrooms to pan and heat through..
- Serve with rice or naan bread as a main course, or as a side dish to your favourite curry..