Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy. This meatloaf is dressed up with a seasoned mushroom gravy. This tasty meatloaf and gravy are a snap to prepare and bake. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until tender and browned and the liquid has evaporated.
I made this gravy with the meatloaf recipe found on this site called "Brown Sugar Meatloaf" without the brown sugar and ketchup, also substituted the crackers for Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs and a. Two meals in one from this delish dish! Didn't someone say that once, and isn't it true? You discharge roasting fricassee Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy testing 9 prescription as a consequence 5 than. Here you go perform.
program of Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy
- It's 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef 80/20 lean.
- You need 8 oz of fresh mushrooms sliced thin and chopped.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1-2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbls of Equal parts flour and butter.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can beef broth.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
Great gravies and sauces always seem to transform any dish and take it to a place that leaves you secretly wanting to lick your. Meatloaf with mushroom gravy is a savory blend of veal and pork with lots of fresh sage and a handful of spices that'll make you sit up and take notice. Not to denigrate that style, but my meatloaf with mushroom gravy flips the notion of traditional meatloaf on its head. If you're a comfort food lover.
Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy gradually
- Sauté onion and 1/4 of the mushrooms in a bit of olive oil until onions are translucent and mushrooms have browned a bit, set aside to cool.
- Combine ground meat, cooled mushroom mixture, bread crumbs, eggs, and season with salt and pepper mix thoroughly.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish and form meat mixture into a loaf brush with ketchup.
- Bake in a 350deg oven for about 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 135deg then remove from oven and rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- While meatloaf is in the oven melt butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan and sauté mushrooms until most of the moisture has evaporated, sprinkle with flour to make a roux (use more flour and butter if you want a thicker gravy) and cook for a couple of minutes add beef broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer stirring until gravy thickens, adjust seasoning.
The meatloaf itself is tender with two kinds of meat, garlic, onions and worcestershire. Now I know that meatloaf is traditionally topped with ketchup and my little guys might prefer it that way, but. Remove the meatloaf from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Meatloaf is the quintessential American comfort food, and Chef Bill Briwa gives this classic dish a healthy twist with mushrooms. He switches out half the ground meat with chopped mushrooms, which not only adds flavor, but can help the meatloaf from drying out.