My Lemon Drizzle Cake 🍋.
You organize frying percolate My Lemon Drizzle Cake 🍋 employing 10 prescription as well as 9 also. Here you are effect.
technique of My Lemon Drizzle Cake 🍋
- It's 225 g of Self raising flour,.
- Prepare 225 g of caster sugar,.
- It's 225 g of unsalted butter, softened,.
- Prepare 2 of lemons (rind),.
- You need 3 of medium eggs,.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder,.
- You need of For the icing:.
- It's of Juice of 2 lemons,.
- Prepare 110 g of sifted icing sugar.
- Prepare of Left over lemon rind as garnish (optional).
My Lemon Drizzle Cake 🍋 modus operandi
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan). In a large mixing bowl cream together the softened butter and caster sugar by first pouring in one third of the sugar, mixing then proceeding to add the other two thirds in stages, mixing in-between to get a nice smooth consistency..
- Next add in the eggs one by one, again mixing in-between to keep a nice smooth batter..
- Add the lemon rind. Mix again until incorporated. Add the baking powder and one third of the flour by sifting it in, so there's no lumps. Mix the cake batter then sift in the remaining flour..
- Spoon the cake batter into a medium sized loaf tin that's been greased with butter. Using a rubber spatula, smooth the mix right to the edges and smooth over the top so it's even..
- Bake the cake on the middle shelf of the oven for 40 minutes first, then check it by running the sharp end of a wooden cocktail stick into the center to see if there's any wet batter remaining. If there is, continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes and check it again. Keep doing this until baked through. Once baked fully remove the cake and allow to stand in the tin for around a minute or two..
- Once cooled a little gently turn out the cake onto a wire cooking rack. Set aside while you Make up the icing..
- Create the icing by combining the lemon juice with sifted icing sugar in a bowl. The consistency should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and run off..
- Once the cake has cooled completely, drizzle over the lemon icing, make sure you get a nice even drip effect around all the edges so it looks attractive. You could add a sprinkling of lemon zest on top too if you'd like..
- Leave to set, then serve up and enjoy! :).