Palak Paneer. Palak paneer recipe - Indian cottage cheese in smooth creamy delicious spinach gravy. Palak paneer is one of the most loved North Indian dishes that's eaten with roti, paratha, naan, Jeera rice, Ghee rice or even with plain rice. It is very easy to prepare and can be made in so many ways.
One of the most popular Indian dishes is palak paneer - soft cottage cheese cubes in a mild spiced smooth spinach sauce. It is smooth creamy dish made with fresh spinach leaves, paneer (cottage cheese), onions, herbs and spices. I love eating palak paneer with plain paratha or roti. You determine frying simmer Palak Paneer proving 15 method together with 10 as well as. Here you are carry out.
ingredients of Palak Paneer
- Prepare 10 oz of spinach (washed and clean, about 6 cups packed spinach).
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of paneer (cubed into bite size, about 1/3 pound of paneer).
- You need 1 of tomato (finely chopped, this will make 3/4 of chopped tomato).
- You need 1 of green chilli (chopped).
- You need 1 Tbsp of ginger (chopped).
- You need 1 Tbsp of oil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- It's 1/8 tsp of asafetida (hing).
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder (dhania).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric (haldi).
- It's 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (adjust to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of whole wheat flour.
- It's 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
But it goes well with naan or jeera rice too. how to make palak paneer recipe restaurant style with detailed photo and video recipe. a healthy green coloured paneer recipe prepared mainly from the thick paste of spinach puree. basically, the easy palak paneer recipe hails from the popular north indian cuisine or punjabi cuisine and is typically served with tandoor roti & naan. there are many ways to prepare it, but. Place the colander in the sink. Heat the milk in a large non-reactive saucepan over.
Palak Paneer step by step
- First blanch the spinach, this helps to keep the spinach colour bright. To blanch the spinach, boil about 6 cups of water in a saucepan, and let the spinach boil for one minutes. Drain the water and put the spinach in ice cold water for about two minutes. Drain the water..
- Blend the spinach, ginger and green chilli. Spinach should be creamy but not pasty..
- Soak the cubed paneer in about three cups of hot water, for about 5 minutes or more. This helps to give the paneer soft texture. Set aside..
- While cooking, spinach can splatter, use larger sauce pan. Heat the oil in a sauce pan, over medium high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if it cracks right away it is ready..
- Add cumin seed, and asafetida. After cumin seeds crack, add the tomatoes and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Tomatoes should be tender not mushy. Add coriander, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, and sugar, stir and add the spinach..
- After spinach comes to boil lower the heat to low, and let the spinach cook for about 5-6 minutes do not cover the pot. This helps keeping the green colour of spinach..
- Mix the flour to 1/2 cup of water and add to the spinach, also add the cream. Mix it well and let it cook for five minutes. If needed add little more water..
- Drain the paneer and fold it gently with spinach and let it simmer for about five minutes.
- Recipe Notes Palak paneer is ready, serve with naan, tandoori roti, Paratha..
Palak Paneer is likely the most popular paneer dish from North India. Creamy spinach with tasty paneer makes a delicious main dish. This recipe was one of my first published recipes on YouTube. After so many years of cooking, my family has decided my cooking skills have improved! I wanted to do this recipe again as with modified cooking method.