Yellow lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. The lentils that are used in this recipe are called red lentils. They are orange in color until they are cooked, they turn yellow.
Drain on paper towels and set aside. One of the simplest ways to enjoy lentils is in this long-served golden Egyptian Yellow Lentil Soup that represents a delightful fiber-rich meal in a bowl. On a grey, blustery day when your mood may match the weather, the sunny color alone is warming, and the spices complete the job. You succeed sizzling broil Yellow lentil soup employing 17 prescription as a consequence 11 and. Here you go achieve.
prescription of Yellow lentil soup
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow or red lentils.
- It's 1/4 cup of Egyptian Rice.
- It's 1 of Potato.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots.
- It's 1 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 4 of gloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt or (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- It's 4 Cups of water.
- It's 1/2 cube of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of For decoration.
- You need Handful of chopped flat_leaf parsely.
- It's of Juice of half lemon.
- You need of Chunks of crusty bread.
Home » Slow Cooker Lentil Soup - Yellow Lentil Soup. Slow Cooker Lentil Soup - Yellow Lentil Soup. This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and other sides. Stir several times during cooking, especially towards the end, to prevent lentils from sticking to base of pan.
Yellow lentil soup little by little
- Soak Lentlis and Rice for about 15 minutes at least.
- Chop the onions,carrots and potato into medium cubes.
- Smash the garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and gently fry the chopped onions and garlic until the edge of onions becomes red.
- Stir in the lentlis, soaked rice, potato and carrots.
- Add the water, vegetbale stock and the spices mentioned above and cook for 35 minutes on a medium low heat. Stir several times during cooking, especially towards the end, to prevent lentils from sticking to base of pan..
- Toss in parsley, stir in lemon juice and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes more..
- Blend the soup if we want it to be very smooth.
- Serve with chunks of Crusty Bread.
- Note:you can add water when belnding the soup if it was still thick. You can add the parsley and lemon juice when serving the dish and not during cooking.
- Made By: Bara'a Choughari.
In India, dal is the term used for all dried legumes, but it has also come to refer to a simple, nourishing stew-like preparation served with rice or flat bread. This is THE lentil soup I grew up with. My mother would make this for us at least once a week, and she would add anything to it: pork, chicken or beef. Personally, the pork version is the one I crave til today, but for now, I'm keeping this lentil soup simple and leaving the meat/chicken/pork part up to you! We are the UK's number one food brand.